Coleman Company, Inc., one of the fastest growing engineering companies in Savannah, is seeking Survey Crew Chiefs for its Savannah, GA office. Coleman Company provides professional consulting services for land development projects specializing in site and municipal engineering design and surveying for light industrial, commercial, institutional, and residential uses.
The successful candidate will be responsible for collecting field survey data for various types of surveys including boundary and topographic surveys, ALTA surveys, wetland and tree locations, construction layout and similar field work.
Successful candidates will have 3 years of experience working on a survey crew or similar experience.
Typical Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ability to operate a total station instrument and data collector.
- Ability to operate a GPS rover.
- Ability to operate a level and read a level rod.
- Capable of completing basic field calculations.
- Cutting and clearing of survey lines using hand tools.
- Maintain a clean work vehicle.
- Follow basic safety procedures.
- Ability to take directions from Project Managers and coordinate work in an efficient manner.
- Ability to lead and supervise one or more individuals on a survey crew.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required. Formal training in a surveying related field is a plus.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in field surveying.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must posses high individual moral and ethical character.
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential, also known as TWIC®, as required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act for workers who need access to secure areas of the nation’s maritime facilities and vessels.
- Ability to work in an environment that may contain venomous snakes and insects such as ticks, red bugs, wasps, bees, hornets, yellow jackets, etc.
- Ability stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a wide range of temperatures.
- Ability to climb hills and walk long distances.
- Ability to traverse different types of terrain.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- Ability to interact both verbally and written
Salary & Benefits:
- Full time Position, hourly salary
- Performance bonus opportunity
- Health and Dental Insurance Plan
- 401 K Retirement with employer contributions
- Paid Holidays, sick leave and annual leave
- Signing Bonus paid after 90 days employment
Please note, sponsorship is not available for this position. Coleman Company, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant
Call 912.200.3041 or click here to email Survey Manager to Apply