Coleman Company, Inc., one of the fastest growing engineering companies in Savannah, is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor for its Savannah, GA office. Coleman Company provides professional consulting services for land development projects specializing in site and municipal engineering design and surveying for light industrial, commercial, institutional, and residential uses.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising the collection of field survey data and the preparations of plats and documents for various types of surveys including boundary and topographic surveys, ALTA surveys, wetland and tree locations, construction layout and similar field work.
Successful candidates will have 5+ years of experience in Land Surveying, Subdivision Mapping, Topographic Mapping and writing legal descriptions
Typical Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manages and coordinates surveys and investigations of land surfaces and prepares Topographic Maps, Boundary Adjustments, Subdivision Maps, Records of Survey and Legal Descriptions
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements including boundary calculations and legal ownership issues
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget
- Acts as advisor to the engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and operations
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of Land Surveying
- Relies on experience, knowledge, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a highly professional manner
- Performs a variety of complex tasks relating to Boundary and Topographic Surveying and Mapping
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Leads and directs field survey crews and survey technicians
- Bachelors Degree in Land Surveying or equivalent education as required for Georgia PLS.
- Must be a registered Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in Georgia or have the ability to obtain license within 6 months of employment.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Land Surveying, Subdivision Mapping, Topographic Mapping and writing legal descriptions.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must posses high individual moral and ethical character.
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential, also known as TWIC®, as required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act for workers who need access to secure areas of the nation’s maritime facilities and vessels.
- Ability to work in an environment that may contain venomous snakes and insects such as ticks, red bugs, wasps, bees, hornets, yellow jackets, etc.
- Ability stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a wide range of temperatures.
- Ability to climb hills and walk long distances.
- Ability to traverse different types of terrain.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- Ability to interact both verbally and written
Salary & Benefits:
- Full time Position, hourly salary
- Performance bonus opportunity
- Health and Dental Insurance Plan
- 401 K Retirement with employer contributions
- Paid Holidays, sick leave and annual leave
- Signing bonus after 90 days of employment
Please note, sponsorship is not available for this position. Coleman Company, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant